If you live in Northern Virginia or Delaware’s Sussex County, chances are that you’ve heard of Christopher Companies. As we continue to grow and build in communities in these areas, more and more consumers are finding out what it means to be a Christopher Companies customer. Whether you live in a Christopher Companies home, are just familiar with the name, or don’t know much at all about our company, read on to learn the five things you should know about Christopher Companies!:
- Dedication to our community: At Christopher Companies, we’re deeply involved in the local communities we serve. Even as we continue to grow, we remain committed to our neighbors – and it’s evident through the various philanthropic efforts we spearhead in the Washington, D.C. metro area. Most notably, Christopher Companies contributed to the development of local organization Women Giving Back (WGB), and our company has enjoyed partnering with Habitat for Humanity Northern Virginia. Beyond community service, Christopher Companies is also relentlessly dedicated to our neighbors by providing practical, beautiful and high quality homes that come from constantly asking ourselves the question, “What is best for our clients?”
- We’re green! Every home we build is EnergyStar certified, meaning that they meet strict guidelines set forth by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). We’re proud to offer energy efficient homes to our homeowners, who can not only feel good about minimizing their environmental impact, but also save money on monthly energy bills in a comfortable home! We’ve also adopted the National Green Building Standard (NGBS) for the homes we build, and homes in our Delaware communities – including Wharton’s Bluff, Baywood Greens and Millville by the Sea – are a part of the Delaware “Green for Green” program, which means that homeowners are eligible for a rebate check up to $2,500 for buying one of our energy efficient homes!
- Custom homebuilding: In addition to building our homes in various communities throughout Virginia and Delaware, we also build custom homes so that our customers can own the exact home they’ve always dreamed of! Through our custom home building program, homeowners have the option of either choosing one of the existing plans in our portfolio, or starting from scratch and working with our team to create a truly one-of-a-kind home. Whether it’s a brand new custom home, a renovation or a remodeling project, Christopher Companies delivers the same unmatched level of service and quality as we do for the homes in our planned communities.
- Award-winning history: Christopher Companies has won various awards throughout our 40 years of existence, cementing our role as one of the leading homebuilders in the region. We’re honored to have received the following awards: Great American Living Award for Design and Architecture (Detached Home), Monument Design and Architecture Award (Best Interior Merchandising, single family homes and detached homes), Finest for Family Living Award and Northern Virginia Building Industry Association Builder/Developer of the Year.
- We’re always looking for something special: The communities we build homes in are chosen very carefully – we make sure that they truly offer something special for our homeowners there. Take it from our president Craig Havenner, who in a recent article from the Morning Star Business Report, explained that Christopher Companies looks to build in communities with “some special allure, a natural feature of some kind, to distinguish that community from others.” Consider Wharton’s Bluff, for example, where the location of our townhomes on the high banks of the beautiful Indian River offer residents water and marsh views and a place to enjoy the beautiful landscape and wildlife – including an eagle’s nest! Or, consider Baywood Greens, famous for its thousands of breathtaking flower displays, magnificent clubhouse and incredible golf course!
Though these facts give you some great information about our company, the only way to truly know Christopher is by being one of our valued homeowners! Throughout your experience buying and owning a Christopher Companies home, you’ll see that our guiding principles – professionalism, integrity, family, design, quality and service – are truly the ideals we hold ourselves to every day, and with every customer.