Be a part of an award-winning company
that has built over 6,000 dream homes
The Christopher Companies is passionate and dedicated to creating quality, hand-crafted homes that are as unique as the people we serve. As the demand for our services grow for new custom homes, so does the need for us to add to our team. We believe our people are the face of our brand and are always looking for exceptional, talented people who are passionate about building quality homes that are functional, attractive and sustainable. Excellent Benefits and ability to make an impact from day one. Benefits include vacation, sick, health, life, and 401K plan with company match. Every day is a new challenge. If you want a company where you learn, grow, and make an impact while having fun, we are the company for you. Become part of growing company where your impact will be felt from day one.
CHECK OUT OUR AVAILABLE POSITIONS:
Land Development Manager (Oakton, VA)
Position summary: We are seeking highly organized and motivated Land Development Manager to join our corporate team. In this role, the Land Development Manager will manage engineering design, estimating, budgeting, development, and dedication of site improvements of our communities and assist with feasibility studies (due diligence) for new acquisitions. Your attention to detail, strong communication skills, and ability to coordinate various construction activities will contribute to the overall efficiency and quality of multiple projects.
- Overseeing daily land development field operations on multiple projects
- Managing contractors, verifying work completed/monitoring progress
- Meeting with governmental agencies/inspectors/HOA’s
- Coordinating land development work with homebuilding operations
- Project dedication and bond release work
- Request proposals, preparation & bid solicitation, negotiation, award, and contracting for professional services, attorneys & consultants
- Manage & direct engineering & professional consultant objectives, schedules & work product
- Facilitate project approvals/entitlements/land use and zoning changes through coordination with sellers, brokers, agency review staff, governmental officials, elected officials, & Toll Ops.
- Initiate & obtain wetlands permits, Environmental Site Assessments, noise, fiscal & transportation studies as needed for approvals & Zoning efforts
- Work with utility consultants & provide load requirements & assist with franchise utilities (electric, gas, telephone, CATV, water, sewer) dry utility layout
- Assist with preparation of HOA documents, possibly serve on HOA BOD’s
- Track, monitor, update project approvals timelines & schedules & routinely distribute to team
- Establish & maintain accurate project development schedules
- Establish & maintain accurate project development budgets
- Invoice review/approval/coding, issuing Purchase Orders & Change Orders
- Analyses and negotiations of bids/contracts/change orders
- Land Acquisition Support – Assist or lead with project Due Diligence efforts (entitlements & approvals, development schedules & budgets)
- Entitlements and approvals management (coordinating with consultants, performing plan review & value engineering)
- Bond maintenance
- All other duties as assigned
PURCHASING COORDINATOR (Oakton, VA)
Position summary: We are seeking a detail-oriented and highly organized Contracts Coordinator to join our team at a leading new home builder. As a Contracts Coordinator, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating various aspects of vendor contracts, bids, costs, and administrative tasks. This position requires excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate should be proficient in using Microsoft Word and Excel, possess a solid understanding of computer systems, and have a willingness to learn and grow within the organization.
- Review, enter, and distribute vendor contracts for new home construction projects.
- Request, track, and enter bids and costs from vendors and suppliers.
- Create and maintain contract status reports for all ongoing projects.
- Generate and distribute comprehensive vendor contact lists to relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate the ordering of appliances based on the construction schedule and manager’s instructions.
- Request and review Certificates of Insurance (COI) from vendors.
- Review and create vendor purchase orders as needed.
- Develop and update Product Books and Look Books to showcase available options for homebuyers.
- Log and distribute settlement reports for rebates, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Assist with pricing maintenance in the company’s contracting system.
- Utilize Microsoft Word and Excel for document creation, scheduling, and data analysis.
- Collaborate with the team to identify and implement process improvements.
RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION MANAGER (Oakton, VA)
Position Summary: We are seeking a highly organized and self-motivated individual to join our Residential Construction team. As a Construction Manager you will be expected to manage the construction of our single family, townhome, and villa products in the Northern Virginia area. You will manage materials, subcontractors, budgets and schedules for your development.
- CM will maintain a clean and safe jobsite to ensure the safety of trade partners and curb appeal customers.
- CM will maintain a positive, professional working relationship with governing officials, trade partners, and fellow employees.
- CM will manage construction materials and assist the purchasing team in the management and adjustment of takeoffs to improve the efficiency of future builds.
- CM will keep our internal scheduling system (ITK) up to date with daily notes so we are able to identify trouble areas and/or trade partners to improve the efficiency of future builds.
- CM will make their best effort to meet or exceed the company building schedule and will notify Project Manager and Purchasing Manager if a trade partner is not performing.
- CM will ensure site follows all E&S requirements.
- CM will ensure the home is 100% complete prior to final walk with purchaser. Quality is the most important aspect of any build.
- CM will complete all customer walk items within a two-week period.