Why live in Delaware?
Here’s a few reasons to live in the ‘First State’:
1. There’s no Sales Tax! Delaware is 1 of 5 states in the U.S. without it!
2. Other tax benefits include: Social Security retirement benefits are not taxable; those 60 or older are entitled to to a pension exclusion of up to $12,500 or the amount of the pension and eligible retirement income; Delaware does not impose a separate estate tax, nor does it have an inheritance tax. In addition, Delaware does not impose taxes on personal property AND has one of the top 10 lowest real estate tax rates in the country.
3. Delaware is ranked 1st in US for hospital quality and 8th in the country for college readiness – with high-quality public and private schools.
4. There is a place for everyone, with different styles of living to choose from-Beach life, city life or suburban life. Delaware borders the Atlantic Ocean and has plenty of beautiful beaches along the ocean coast! To name a few top beach destinations in Delaware, you have Fenwick Island, Bethany Beach, Rehoboth Beach and Lewes Beach. Plus there’s plenty of close-by cities that offer a suburban-living feel while still being a short drive to the Delaware beaches – including Millville, Ocean View, Dagsboro, Selbyville, Long Neck and more.
5. There are many jobs and many different industries. Some of the state’s top employers include Dover Air Force Base, Christiana Health System, Astra Zeneca, and Dupont De Nemours Inc.
6. Delaware is also ideal for people who enjoy living in close proximity to urban centers on the East Coast. Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Maryland and New York can be easily accessed with the several highways or train options connecting the different states.
7. There are so many state attractions to visit even outside of the Delaware beaches, too! Delaware is home to the Nemours Estates and many museums and gardens including: the Winterthur Museum and Gardens, The Air Mobility Command Museum, The Delaware Art Museum; as well as the Dover International Speedway, the Cape May-Lewes Ferry, the Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, the Brandywine Creek State Park, The Grand Opera House, and many more!
8. With amazing healthcare and tax exemptions, it’s also a great place to retire. U.S. News ranks Delaware’s health care system in the top one-third of all states in the nation.
9. Delaware is all about the small-town vibe with all the friendly people and locals. With many community fairs, festivals, historic estate tours, art galleries and other cultural offerings, this state offers the neighborhood charm with abundant activities and events that many are looking for.
10. To wrap it up, Delaware has a great nightlife – many bars, clubs, restaurants along the beach and in the cities. Delaware has so many different amazing things for so many different people!