- Please visit the individual community pages for information on in-person versus virtual appointments
- Our corporate office is now open following the latest CDC guidelines. Please contact us with any questions or concerns.
The Christopher Companies recognizes that the COVID-19 virus has required all of us to be more mindful as we go through our regular activities and we take the health of our employees as well as our customers very seriously. Our employees are working to ensure that they meet the latest guidance from the CDC and WHO on hygiene and cleaning. Here are just some of the steps we are taking to help minimize the risk of the virus:
- Maintaining the recommended 6ft distance between all on-site personnel – employees, contractors, customers and homeowners
- Increased enforcement of personal sanitary measures – washing hands and using sanitizer, throwing out disposable face masks and gloves, frequent cleaning, etc.
- Restricting outside visitors from the buildings that are not essentially needed
- Cleaning all “high-touch” surfaces, such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, and sales office furniture every day.
- Requiring all employees to stay home from work if feeling ill and to call their doctor if exhibiting symptoms
- Displaying signs on all sales office doors requesting a refrain from direct contact and other precautionary measures
- Increasing “virtual” or online communication as opposed to in-person
ALL EMPLOYEES AND CUSTOMERS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR FACIAL PROTECTION WHEN NEEDED
Guidelines for the Residential Construction Industry*
For Model Homes/Sales Centers:
1. Model Home (sales centers) must be locked at all times and unlocked only to allow prospects with scheduled appointments to enter.
2. All models/sales centers must have the attached sign on the sales center door and front door.
3. All customer meetings with the exception of model tours are to be done “virtually” via the phone or computer (i.e. GoToMeeting, Zoom, etc) including contract meetings.
4. Models can only be staffed by one salesperson at a time and salesperson must not sit within eyesight of the door.
5. Only new home sales personnel and prospective homeowners are allowed to enter the models (realtors, existing homeowners, and construction personnel prohibited).
6. Salesperson is not to shake hands or stand within 6’ of anyone.
7. Prospects showing any symptoms of virus should be asked to leave the model immediately.
8. Wash hands and clean commonly touched surfaces (i.e. door knobs) frequently.
9. No more than 4 prospects from a max of two families in the model at one time. Avoid prospects from different families being in the same room at the same time.
10. Advise prospects not to touch anything while touring the models.
For Job Sites:
1. All work should be done while maintaining a 6 foot buffer in between employees.
2. Limit job sites to the bare minimum number of employees as possible. Absolutely no large groupings of individuals.
3. Instruct employees to stay home when sick
4. Instruct employees to clean their hands often with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60-95% alcohol
5. Do not share tools.
6. Do not share personal protection equipment (PPE).
7. Disinfect reusable supplies and equipment
8. Review and implement all CDC Guidelines.
9. Make sure all employees are aware of the CDC guidelines and the importance of abiding by them.
*Due to the continuous changes with the CDC Guidelines, it is advised you visit the official website for current guidelines and procedures: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/quarantine-isolation.html
We appreciate your business and understanding during this time. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.
Click here to visit the CDC website and learn more: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/quarantine-isolation.html