Looking for some holiday fun in the Northern Virginia/DC area? We have you covered. Whether you fancy some family-friendly light tours or a holiday-themed pop-up bar, there are plenty of activities to keep the holiday spirit going. A few of our favorite are below:
Places to see awesome holiday light displays:
- “Winter Walk of Lights” at at Meadowlark Botanical Gardens in Vienna, Virginia
- Washington D.C. “ZooLights” at the National Zoo – a free event with live music performances, tasty winter treats and plenty of opportunities for holiday shopping
- Bull Run Festival of Lights – drive through 2.5 miles of holiday light displays and enjoy a holiday-themed fair at the end!
- Amazing Farm Fun Festival of Lights in Chantilly, Virginia
- Enjoy Mount Vernon by Candlelight – a candlelit character-guided tour and learn more about holiday traditions in 18th-century Virginia
Cheers and Be Merry
- Enjoy a holiday-themed pop-up Bar in Washington D.C. – The Miracle on 7th Street is always a big holiday hit as well as Chai-vy and Cohen-y, a Hanukkah Bar on 7th Street
- Cozy up from the inside out at one Virginia’s many winery and brewery events
Get in the holiday spirit with these fun holiday activities!
- Enjoy ice skating at Reston Town Center, Tysons Corner or Georgetown!
- Visit a number of outdoor holiday parades throughout Virginia
- Take a winter lights hay ride! Information here
- Grab tickets to a variety of different musical and theatrical shows throughout Virginia
- Catch a Show at the National Cathedral or the Kennedy Center in D.C.
- Visit the Holiday Downtown Market Place
Holiday Home Tours
- Take a holiday tour of a historic mansion, tavern or even a whole neighborhood! You can check out a few ideas here.
- Check out a number of NOVA homes participating in Holly’s Tacky Christmas Lights here
- See the White House all decked out in holiday gear
What are your favorite holiday-themed activities to do in the Virginia/Washington D.C. area? E-mail us for suggestions to add to this list! Info@christophercompanies.com